Teaching and encouraging our children to care for our planet is an important parental responsibility which is crucial for their future. Now more than ever.
This is our family’s lists of little steps to go more green.
It might sound like a really self-evident list to adults and it is true that we are teaching our kids mainly by setting the example, but I also like to explain my kids why we are doing things in a certain way and help them realize what their own impact on the environment is.
1. Put paper and plastic in separate recycle boxes.
2. Turn off lights when you leave a room.
3. Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth.
4. Unplug chargers and appliances when you are not using them.
5. Use rechargeable batteries.
6. Pick up trash during dog walk.
7. Donate old games and toys so they can be played with again.
8. When light bulbs die out, we replace them by new LED ones.
9. Drink tap water instead of bottled water.
10. Pack school lunches and snacks in reusable containers.